Saturday, March 27, 2010

ANIKI (BRO)

You jumped into the sky
You wanted to fly
But I wondered why
Coz like every army wife
Or soldiers family
I dreaded that call, that letter
The message saying
Your loved one is K.IA
“He gives and takes away…..”

But I brushed the thought aside
Said your looking at the glass
As half empty instead of half full
We were given life to live it
Without risks we’ve missed it
So I let you grab the bull by the horns
And left it in Gods hands
“He gives and takes away…”

We all wondered if you would lift off
Coz flying is more complicated
Than just flapping your wings
But like a natural you took to the sky
Like a bird of prey
And we all couldn’t wait
To look up and say
That’s our boy
“He gives and takes away…”

Dedicated to the bird in our family
You will forever soar in my heart.
Now we celebrate a life well lived.

By Obarute Peter

0 comments: